Re: [stella] New ROMS - old idea

Subject: Re: [stella] New ROMS - old idea
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:46:07 -0700
At 10:08 AM 8/13/2000 -0400, you wrote:
It's not a project I'm capable of doing, but it would be neat if the 2600 ROM
for Tempest oculd be disassembled, deciphered, and have driving controller
input added.  Naturally, that leaves open the question of "how do you use the

Isn't the driving controller as demanding on the CPU to read as the paddles? I'm not sure this would work with the existing kernel.

superzapper," but there are options that make it feasible.  But, I thought
this might be a topic people would be interested in here.

You could detect a change to the color/bw or one of the difficulty switches. That would be simple enough, although not as intuitive as a momentary switch like reset or select.

Then again, since I've not played with the ROM the game could already have
driving controller support in it.  I think that'd make it the second game to
actually support the driving controllers...

Stellasketch supports them, I think. But then that game isn't supposed to be distributed anymore ;)

I actually think the better project is to port 5200 Tempest to the 400/800/XL/XE and add driving controller support for that.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/