[stella] Looping

Subject: [stella] Looping
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 13:01:57 -0700
At 08:02 PM 9/6/2000 -0500, you wrote:
Thomas, how did you draw the ground? How did you store the data?

I think for this sort of game you'd want to do it sortof like River Raid, with poly counters, to make the cavern layout algorithmic calculated data on the fly rather than literal data.

Actually, the game this most closely resembles from the arcades would be LOOPING, a fairly obscure title that I remember quite fondly, where the gameplay is like Scramble with the forced forward movement only with a rotating plane rather than one that can move X and Y.

I definitely think Looping would be an awesome port for the 2600, and making the ribbon a plane would both look better and be more doable on the 2600.

Of course, in Looping you can do 360' loops rather than topping out with 45' angles.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/