Re: [stella] SFCaves 2600...

Subject: Re: [stella] SFCaves 2600...
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:51:26 +0200
Mark de Smet wrote:

> Anyway, I was wondering if Thomas would be willing to share how he went
> about drawing the screen in thrust?

I think i'm going to share my kernel with the public, but i have to add a lot of english comments to it before i'll release it.

B.T.W.: Some weeks ago, there was a discussion about illegal opcodes and i showed my score drawing routine here. There was no reaction until now, i'm wondering if there ever will be (Andrew?).

> The killer limitations are memory,
> and time to convert the data into the bytes for the playfield during the
> kernal.  I wanted to generate the cave shape on the fly, which I can
> handle during off screen time fine, but how then to I make those bytes
> into playfield data?

I'm sorry, but my kernel is not capable of doing what you're planing. You can't do a real horizontal scrolling game with it (it's limited to a fixed width, less than two screens).

> Thomas, how did you draw the ground?
> How did you store the data?

I dit explain that earlier, just look in the archives.

tjentzsch at web dot de |
IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de