Re: [stella] I can't find it

Subject: Re: [stella] I can't find it
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:17:41 -0500
At 9:58 AM -0700 9/11/00, Glenn Saunders wrote:
>[I wrote]
>> Up to 200 digits sounds right up our alley, but I guess it's the
>> supercomputer that stops us?

Actually, I take this back...  The original quote was talking about
the product being up to 200 digits, right?  In that case, we're like
88 over, if I counted correctly.

>If we knew a way to crack this with the right algorithm, and CPU speed
>was the problem, somebody should just write a SETI at-home sort of
>program and everybody interested enough in donating their idle
>computing power could help.

That's exactly what I was talking about, actually.

>This probably could have been done for the Battlesphere encryption
>too, right?

Isn't that essentially what they did?  Only they did it all on site
with their own Jaguars...
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||