Re: [stella] Clones

Subject: Re: [stella] Clones
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 13:07:20 -0600
At 2:07 PM +0100 10/29/00, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
>Russ Perry Jr wrote:
>> If I had "abundant resources" I'd get a SQL system up
>> and running with every known game ROM, and start looking
>> for differences in released and/or pirated games.

>It don't understand what you mean, what do you want with SQL?

Sorry, that's a little bit of work coming into my normal
thought process...  I was just picturing storing all the games
in a SQL database and web-serving off every version by bitwise
comparison.  It wouldn't have to be SQL of course, but that's
how it is done at work.

>I took all known rom dumps, except Starpath (copyright),

Actually, Starpath is an interesting question though -- how
different are PAL & NTSC, are the Brazilian Canal Supercharger
games different yet, do the non-Starpath Canal Supercharger
games match up with the cart versions, etc etc.

>I don't think i'm missing many original games and i am also
>quite sure, that a lot of pirates are still not dumped. But
>i only wanted to find the number of original games.

Gotcha.  And a nice estimate to have.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||