[stella] [Stella] I'm new here and have some question.

Subject: [stella] [Stella] I'm new here and have some question.
From: "dumpstertom" <dumpstertom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:33:08 -0500
Hi,

My name is Tom a.k.a Dumpster Tom. I'm 24 and I like the rest of you fine
people would like to program for the Atari 2600 VCS.

I been looking over the Stella Archive and I still have some questions.

How hard is it to learn to program for the Atari 2600? I have no programming
experience but I'm willing to learn.

Does anyone have any new info the might help someone who doesn't understand
how to use or read machine language programming for the Atari 2600? What
would be the best way to start learning? I have download the doc's, game
source code and program's that are available, but it all looks greek to me.

Is there a better programming doc than Stella.pdf or a FAQ file yet? Too bad
there isn't a "Dummies guide to programming for Atari 2600 VCS" book.
**Grin**

Would someone be nice enough to show me how to read and interpret
hexadecimal numbers or point me to a web page or text file that can? All I
know is it's a base16 number system (0-9 & A-F).

I would be grateful for any help. I look forward to learn a new skill.

Dumpster Tom

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633