Re: [stella] Telepahy

Subject: Re: [stella] Telepahy
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:39:10 -0500
At 12:31 PM 12/26/00 -0600, you wrote:
Check out www.atari2600nexus.com

Surfing over to that site for the fun of it and clicking on some of its featured links, I landed on an interview of the author of Superman.  Here's a quote I found funny enough to share with the "all's of ya":
GC:
Programming the Atari 2600 has often been described as difficult compared to programming other systems. What advice would you give to a hobbyist attempting to program an original 2600 game (feel free to be technical, if you like)?
JD:
Take the considerable time, talent, and energy it would require and put it into programming a DirectX based game, that can be easily ported to the XBox when it is released next year. This will give you a future instead of a past.

;^D

There's some other pretty interesting stuff in there, like the Superman author implicitly taking a little credit for Adventure's release on a 4k cart by breaking the 4k barrier for the first time and a few opinions I don't quite agree with, but certainly worth a read if you haven't seen it...

http://www.gamechambers.com/gcDunn.htm

Ruffin Bailey