[stella] exciting news!

Subject: [stella] exciting news!
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:16:11 +1100
As some of you know, I worked for Beam Software/Melbourne house in the mid
to late '80s.  Internal tools were developed (in particular an absolutely
FABULOUS 6502 & 65816 assembler/linker package - VERY fast and incredibly
sophisticated (macros, programming, etc), which was used for NES and SNES
development.  Best assembler tools I've ever used, and I've been chasing
them up recently to see if I could get approval for their use.
Good news!  I have approval from the developer AND the copyright owner for
their distribution!
Very soon I will have copies of these tools, and they will be available
public domain through me.
This is the BEST news you guys have had for a long time, trust me!  There
should be little problem adapting the assembler/linker to 2600 format;  I
have access to the source code AND the original programmer :))
Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v