Re: [stella] Kid Vid Voice Module

Subject: Re: [stella] Kid Vid Voice Module
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:33:46 -0800
At 01:56 PM 1/20/2001 +0100, you wrote:
As soon as someone, who has access to an actual Kid Vid player, figures
out the exact communication protocol between the VCS and the Kid Vid
and sends this information to John or me, I suppose. Alternatively he
can add the nessessary code to z26 himself of course. Any volunteers? ;-)

Kid Vid support would almost invariable have to be a hack using WAV or preferably MP3 samples. I don't see the point in emulating the protocol faithfully and having the 2600 emulation "listen" to the samples. With only two games, I'm sure it would be possible to hardcode a lot of the logic just to get the games working.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/