Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?
From: Scott Huggins <sub17_5k@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:43:40 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

About a year or so ago, I got a rudimentary demo going
on the 2600, but not being a very solid 6502 assembly
programmer I quickly got intimidated (imagine that!).
So, I tried something that perhaps other newbies
should consider. I programmed 6502 for about a year on
the Commodore 64. Man, that certainly helped. I came
up with a decent arcade game on that machine (for a
beginner, at least) and now coming back and reading
Stella List makes much more sense.  Quite a learning
experience indeed.

Anyway, I've got an idea...  and perhaps it's not so
original.  Battleship for the 2600 !  You know, the
board game from way back. You call out coordinates and
your opponent replies, "Hit" or "Miss".  I've got
plenty of time and determination...so I'm gonna give
it a try.

What do you guys think?  Can you see this as being a
worthy project for the 2600?