Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:03:09 -0800 (PST)
--- Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 01:37 PM 2/14/01 -0800, Pete Holland wrote:
> >spinal column.  I'm thinking, as a try-out, making
> my
> >first program a conversion of Phaser Strike on my
> >Microvision.  I recognize it will violate my "I
> want
> >it fun" clause, but it has least has value from a
> >consumer advocate stance.  For my second program, I
>
> Awesome!  Just a 16x16 all-playfield game with
> single-channel sound and
> paddle control.  I guess the toughest thing will be
> to duplicate the
> Microvision's 'unique' LCD properties ;)

Actually, the paddle control was never used in the
game.  If you look at the cart, you'll see three
arrows, one pointed ahead and the other two at angles.
 These control how you fire.  Your ship is at the
bottom and occupies one of three positions, depending
on which arrow you hit.  Straight up, you are in the
center, the others move you to whatever corner enables
you to shoot your projectile in that direction.  There
is no animation for sliding along the bottom, you just
appear wherever.  The targets can be fixed width or
random.  One appears at a time at a fixed height and
just trundles along to the other side of the screen.
They and your projectile move at the same rate.  There
is no return fire.  You have to shoot as many of the
ten targets as you can.  Once the procession is done,
you get a screen showing your score.

Not exactly Thunder Force III, eh?