Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Westward Ho!

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Westward Ho!
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:10:38 +0100
At 19.02.2001, 19:20, Manuel Polik wrote:
> Any HMOV during the kernel would mess up the left side with black lines,
> so I'd have to do it the Activision way & do a 'STA HMOV' every single
> line, I fear. Right?

No, you can use a weird HMOVE trick where you don't
start HMOVE at the beginning of a line but some cycles
earlier. There was a thread about this (Games that do
bad things to HMOVE...) in April 98, look for the
message of B.W. Mott.
Then you "just" have to keep your exact timings :-)

I used this trick in Thrust where I'm positioning both
players _directly_ before the score display (inside the
frame around the score).

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |