Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Westward Ho!

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Westward Ho!
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:45:03 +0100
> I attached the current version of Gunfight, plus source. It's an even
> bigger mess now, don't bother looking at anything except the 'nextline
> loop', if you're interested in the display kernel. First goal is getting
> it going, then I clean it up.

One thing that you should add when you clean up your code are some
instructions that turn on VBLANK at the start of the overscan. If
VBLANK isn't on during the VSYNC lines, you'd get a strange gloom
at the top of the screen. At least on a PAL TV where the displayable
area is bigger than the display of your game you would.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-