[stella] Shameless Plugs in the Stella Sig

Subject: [stella] Shameless Plugs in the Stella Sig
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:43:50 -0500
As I was perusing the archives, trying to dig up my old code *sigh*, I found
that the sig to the list posts has changed fairly dramatically.

Here's what it used to say...

Though the autographs are gone (Piero won them, right?), I think it might be
useful to put in "shameless plugs" to Nick and Bob's sites.  That could
serve as a "mini-FAQ" for new subscribers.  I know Nick's site was
invaluable when I started, and will probably become so again if I start
hacking any code.  Eckhard's site has a lot of nice links as well, iirc.

And if Nick's watchin', the link to my site changed a while back (for Mac
Atari tools); it's now:
http://homepage.mac.com/mactari/mactari/mact.html

Thanks to Eckhard for putting the updated link on his page
(http://buerger.metropolis.de/estolberg/)!  I'm probably going to update the
Mactari pages soon, and I'll add a link back at you, not that I get a lot of
traffic.  :^)

Anyhow, just an idea.  Pointing to these pages in the Stella sig would
answer a lot of newbie questions before they were even asked.  Hopefully the
fact that there aren't many newbie questions asked means that people are
finding this on their own, not that there aren't any new subscribers!

Ruffin Bailey

-