Re: [stella] Usefull illegal opcodes (part 2: NOP)

Subject: Re: [stella] Usefull illegal opcodes (part 2: NOP)
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:28:54 +0100
Manuel Polik wrote:
> Ruffin Bailey wrote:
>
> > What does "ABS" mean?  I apologize in advance if that's painfully obvious
> > and I'm missing it.

Sorry, I'm so used to my personal abrevations (ZP, ABS, IMM, REL, IND,...), that I sometimes forget to explain. So Manuel does it for me:

> ABS, in this case, stands for 'absolut adressed', that means it's
> adressed with 2 bytes, so it's skipping the following LDA with doing a
> totally useless 3-byte BIT operation. And that is the trick. Saves
> memory, wastes cycles :-)

You find *all* opcodes with bytes and cycles in the lastest mail of wizard (illegal 6502).

Have fun!
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Alles unter einem Dach: Informationen, Fun, E-Mails. Bei WEB.DE: http://web.de
Die große Welt der Kommunikation: E-Mail, Fax, SMS, WAP: http://freemail.web.de