Re: [stella] Qb: RELEASE CANDIDATE #2

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: RELEASE CANDIDATE #2
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 13:59:15 +0100
Andrew Davie wrote:

> Version 2.04 - No title screen, but that's life.
> I've reworked the creature AI, fixed up all the little glitches and gameplay
> additions that I could think of, fixed up whatever has been bothering people
> (as far as I can remember), and generally fine-tuned things.  So, this is my
> first really serious 'release candidate' (provided the screen glitch Chris
> reported has been resolved).
> So, have at it!

Ok... I experienced no technical troubles with this version at all, it
worked fine on Z26

There's just two things I'd like to mention:

- Supposed that the Target pattern is generated randomly, I experienced
patterns containing this structure surprisingly often:
X___
_X__
__X_
___X

- The game, provided as is, is too easy in my opinion. You get that
extra-live way too often and it's not getting any more challenging after
some levels. In my first game, I played straight to level 20 (See
attached Screenshots) and more or less just quit out of boredom,
assuming I could play on forever. I can't speak for all players though,
so if you've still some bytes left, know without the title screen, you
should think about an additional 'Hard' mode for the game. As it is now,
it'll already provide enough fun for the unexperienced player so I
wouldn't touch that mode, except reducing the number of extra-lives.

Greetings,
	Manuel

JPEG image

JPEG image