Re: [stella] Qb: Testbed 2.03

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: Testbed 2.03
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:35:55 +0100
> Anyway, please give the attached a whizz (no stella version, as I'm
looking
> for ACTUAL hardware feedback).  If this works, that'll mean I can finish
in
> a few days.  If not, then I might have some extensive rewriting to do.
> Fingers crossed...

The PAL version works almost flawlessly now. There still might be
a small problem with one frame being one line too long, when a nasty
is moving a cube, but this happens so rarely, that I'm not sure, if
this problem really exists, or if I'm just seeing it out of habbit. ;-)
I think you can leave the timing as it currently is, if you don't feel
like finding an error that almost never happens.

The NTSC version on the other hand ...
The setup routine takes too long, so the screen jumps for every
new level, and once a nasty starts moving or hopping, the screen
flickes like crazy. If you don't want to make the game PAL only,
I'm afraid that you'll have to seriously rework the timing in
the NTSC version.

Ciao, Eckhsrd Stolberg

-