Re: [stella] Qb: Testbed 2.05

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: Testbed 2.05
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:15:49 +1100
> Sorry for my comments, but I also think there are far too few enemies now,
> and too much extra lives. I think there should be no more than one extra

Possibly.  However, some people want NO enemies for the first pass, then a
second pass with enemies.  Some want it harder, and some think its too hard.
I'm pretty happy with the feel of it right now.... pretty damn easy for the
first dozen screens, then you start losing lives.   Highest I've heard
someone get to is screen 26.  Sounds about right to me.

> There seems to be a glitch in timing when the target screen changes and
the
> pointer starts running down.

This is fixed.  Thanks for pointing it out.

> Also, is there any sound already? (Can't judge this with my PC speaker) Or
> is this to stay a silent game?

Looks like it will be essentially a silent game.  I'll try to do better for
my next one.

> All your CPU cycles are belong to us!

OK, I have to ask.  I've seen the above in reference to "base"... what IS
this all about?

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v

-