Re: [stella] Gas gauge - revisited

Subject: Re: [stella] Gas gauge - revisited
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:19:32 -0500
At 11:53 PM 3/12/01 -0500, Joe Grand wrote:
>the actual "time remaining"). With playfield graphics only, I was thinking
>of just drawing the red data on one frame and the green data on the next
>frame and alternate that way - I wouldn't assume the eye would see a
>flicker.

I think that the eye will see a sort of dim, flickery orange if you do it
this way.  Unless I misunderstood and the colors will never overlap, in
which case the eye will see red and green bars at half brightness and
probably pretty flickery.

You could always do the alternating-scanline thing combined with the
alternate-frame thing.  At least that way it just looks interlaced.

Rob

-