Re: [stella] Trick12 - inv3.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] Trick12 - inv3.bin
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:58:57 -0500
At 12:45 PM 3/12/01 -0500, Erik Mooney wrote:
>The tricky part is not drawing the 11 x 5 grid, it's being
>able to turn on and off each individual invader.

Well, Thomas' demo used two different colors for the 12 players seemingly
at random (moving player copies around or changing the color on the fly?  I
haven't looked at the source,) so why not just make one of the colors
black.... assuming he used the latter method.

>There is definitely no
>time on scanlines occupied by invaders to draw missiles, BUT there _is_
>time on the scanlines between rows of invaders -- a missile can be turned
>on at that time and then turned off during the next gap.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  (The other way would be to do a flicker
thing, but I suppose a whole flickering row or even half of one would look
pretty nasty.)

Very sexy btw.  I get a couple little missile-sized artifacts using
xstella, but that's xstella.

Rob

-