[stella] Gunfight 2600: Red River

Subject: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Red River
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:44:28 +0200
Hi there!

Another little step done.

Now there's a proper handling of everything that has to do with
shooting.

The River demo should additionally show one litlle *bug* I'd like to
exploit as a feature: Since one of the bullets is the ball, it becomes
invisible on the river. A nice tricky add to gameplay, don't you think?

I was thinking about levels/stages lately and I came down to eight
different things I could do, the 'No obstacles at all' & the 'River'
approach being two of them. On the other six levels I'm currently trying
how they work out.

I now made a descission two enhance the two modes that are switchable at
the moment (fast/slow bullets) in a way that fast bullets would mean
Sheriff-Mode and slow ones Deputy-Mode. I'll add a mandatory reload
after 12 bullets are fired in the Sheriff-Mode. Six would interrupt the
gameplay too much I think, besides every cowboy has two guns, just take
a closer look :-)

Another fine thing with 12 bullets is, that I wouldn't need to display a
loaded (Sprite-)gun or something like that, but could just present some
PF squares as amunition boxes, offering 12 bullets each :-)

Funny thing how machine limitations always go hand-in-hand with
gameplay/design/story changes. Sometimes even something usefull I didn't
even think of like the river stage comes out :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel