Re: [stella] dev systems

Subject: Re: [stella] dev systems
From: CRACKERS <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:08:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Manuel Polik wrote:

> Hi Chris!
>
> So now that you're back, you'll finish the virtual 2600 pet, will you?

Well.... heheheheh....

I haven't got much in the way of free time to tackle the 2600 code right
now. Too much work, and two kids now instead of one. It's a pity because
if I had a solid week of "me time" I could finish that virtual pet up
easily. All the hard stuff is already done.

Although is there really any interest in a virtual pet anymore? That whole
virtual pet thing was kinda the pet rock of the 90s.

Actually if I was going to take on a new 2600 project right now it would
probably be that midi'd atari 2600 thing or a Atari Video Music emulator
thing.

Infact, the more I think of the midi'd Atari 2600 project I have in mind
the more I'm tempted to actually get off my duff and do something about
it. My little girl is 3 now so I am starting to get a lot more freedom
during the day to work on outside projects. Of course I'm still smack dab
in the middle of some rather lengthy (and costly) home renovations.

Don't be expecting too much 2600 code from me in the near future. Heck I
think it took over a year of careful proding from Randy Crihfield just to
get me to make Video Time Machine (my copy of which has been running
almost non-stop 24/7 since I got it). Hmmmm... I wonder if I have the
record for the longest continually running Atari 2600?

                             CRACKERS
                   (life needs a pause button from hell!!!)

-