Re: [stella] Super Fast Scrolling

Subject: Re: [stella] Super Fast Scrolling
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:01:42 +1000
Choppiness is a result of changing the scroll at a slow frame-rate.
As your 2600 will be running at 50/60Hz, if you update your scroll at that
rate, too, it won't be choppy.
Anthing below about 30Hz starts to be noticeably bad.
Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/
http://www.atari2600.org/qb.html                              @--> v