Re: [stella] Qb - report on PhillyClassic 2001 release

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb - report on PhillyClassic 2001 release
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:14:11 +1000
I have an agreement with Randy.  I will be happy for him to sell Qb on
cartridge, but it will be a different version.  How different I am yet to
decide, but it will not be the same ROM, and it will be sold with a
different manual and label.  Of course people will make copies of the show
verison - but they will be pirate.
I don't plan to make it difficult for people to own the game - those who
wanted the show version with the pretty label and the exclusivity of only
being able to get one if you were at the show, now have one.  Those who want
to wait for the special limited super-deluxe edition with all the goodies
therein (source code, multiple historical archived versions, colour box,
manual, etc) - are now in the order list, and they'll get those.  Those who
wish to wait a few months and order a plain-vanilla one from Hozer will
always be able to do that, fairly inexpensively.  And those who just want to
play it on an emulator, or burn their own cart, can do that right now.
Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/
http://www.atari2600.org/qb.html                              @--> v