Re: [stella] Dungeons

Subject: Re: [stella] Dungeons
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:44:12 +0200
> Does that mean when a game requests a load it will show the load number
> it's expecting?

Yes, that's how it works.

> If that's true, will be also be able to retrofit old Superchargers with
the
> new EPROM?

The Cuttle Cart has a fixed write pulse delay, so we removed the
routine, that figures out the correct WPD setting and does a system
check afterwards, to free some space. But then we wasted most of that
space for a nice Cuttle Cart logo. So, if you can do without the logo,
it might be possible to put the nessessary code back in and make the
new BIOS work with the old SC.

How difficult it would be to swap the ROM inside the SC with a new
EPROM I don't know. But it might probably be easier to buy a real
Cuttle Cart instead. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-