Re: [stella] SCSIcide 0.05 (last demo)

Subject: Re: [stella] SCSIcide 0.05 (last demo)
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 02:41:19 +1000
Hi Joe
Had a brief play with this.  First impression is that I just couldn't
understand what was happening - everything was whizzing by at a million
miles an hour.  However, this could be my setup.
I do like the look/feel quite a lot, and think its shaping up very well.
I had a thought - could you allow some horizontal motion (perhaps with
inertia/acceleration) to allow me to shift the head back/forward if to catch
the bits as they whizz by... though it might add a bit more fun to the
catching process.
Great to see this and Manuel's game in development - keep up the good work!
Stella is too quiet without your updates.

 _  _  _| _ _        _| _    * _                               _  ,
(_|| )(_|( (/_\/\/  (_|(_|\/(_(/_                           ,~' L_|\
                                                         ,-'        \
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/                              @--> v

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Grand" <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 11:52 PM
Subject: [stella] SCSIcide 0.05 (last demo)

> Hi everyone-
> It's been a while since I've sent an update, so here's something to let
> people know this project is still alive.. I promise this will be the last
> demo version of this game.. :)
> I have most of the necessary graphical features now, so I can actually
> implement the game play now.. Minor updates from 0.04 since I'm just tying
> to get all the kernel pieces in place..
> 1) Added data blobs - supports various speeds, horizontal position, and
> wrap around. The "support" is also there for multiple data widths (for the
> harder levels). Many thanks to Piero Cavina for allowing me to use the
> display kernel from his PCMSD1.1 demo (precursor to Oystron), which I used
> and modified as necessary. It was a huge help and made the hardest (and
> scariest) part not so bad..
> 2) Cleaned up source code
> 3) Updated
> I haven't implemented paddle control, yet, and am planning on holding off
> on that for a while - at least until I get most of the game actually
> playable. I played this on a real TV (NTSC) and noticed the colors were
> totally screwy.. They look as intended on StellaX.
> Attached is source, binary, and a screenshot..
> Joe

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at

Current Thread