[stella] SCSIcide 0.05 (last demo)

Subject: [stella] SCSIcide 0.05 (last demo)
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 09:52:02 -0400
Hi everyone-

It's been a while since I've sent an update, so here's something to let people know this project is still alive.. I promise this will be the last demo version of this game.. :)

I have most of the necessary graphical features now, so I can actually implement the game play now.. Minor updates from 0.04 since I'm just tying to get all the kernel pieces in place..

1) Added data blobs - supports various speeds, horizontal position, and wrap around. The "support" is also there for multiple data widths (for the harder levels). Many thanks to Piero Cavina for allowing me to use the display kernel from his PCMSD1.1 demo (precursor to Oystron), which I used and modified as necessary. It was a huge help and made the hardest (and scariest) part not so bad..

2) Cleaned up source code

3) Updated http://www.mindspring.com/~jgrand/atari

I haven't implemented paddle control, yet, and am planning on holding off on that for a while - at least until I get most of the game actually playable. I played this on a real TV (NTSC) and noticed the colors were totally screwy.. They look as intended on StellaX.

Attached is source, binary, and a screenshot..

Joe