Re: [stella] Pal & NTSC switch

Subject: Re: [stella] Pal & NTSC switch
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 11:26:25 -0700
At 07:28 AM 5/8/2001 +0000, you wrote:
Hey,

I remember a classic console that used some sort of hardwired switch that switched it between Pal and NTSC compatibility. I think it was the Tele-Spiel, but the memory is foggy at best. Can anyone help on this or maybe provide a schematic for a super low cost and space conscious Pal/NTSC switch. Spray me a mail or two if you can help.

The cool thing about the 2600 is that it inherently PAL/NTSC compliant. There are no territorial lockouts. So you can have individual games that can switch between PAL and NTSC via the timing of their kernels. Oystron is the only one I know of that does this, unfortunately.

BTW, isn't it true that not all 128 colors can be used on PAL 2600s? Don't some of the colors duplicate themselves?

-