[stella] My demo...

Subject: [stella] My demo...
From: "Gonzalo" <horcas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:41:08 -0300
Hi everyone! I think I was reading too much messages from you all and it's time to do something by my self....

My demo try to show an aeroplane crossing a river and I'm doing the movement effect whit the Background register, but I think that the routine is very long and is taking too many cycles. The horizontal blue bars are waves in the river (put some imagination on it). It has 2 velocities (controlable by joystick) and you can shoot a missile. It is a 2LKernel, I'm not using the first scanline yet but the second is full used only by the plane, its Misile and the background!! What I'm going to do if I want to put some islands, ships, enemies... I'll have no time in the first scanline!! Please take a look at it...
I know that I'm not doing something original and "River Raid" is the best game in this style, but I want to go for a safe way for my first game (if I finish it)...

I tried to make the comments in english, but is difficult to me (I'm not a good english speaker as you see), so if you don't understand something ask me for it... Another question: I'm using Z26 as the emulator in my DK, the color of the river is blue but in StellaX and PCAE is green (or something like green)... who has the truth? The missile in StellaX don't work, why?

The plane shape sucks.. I spent many days in it and don't find a decent shape.

All comments are wellcome...

Gracias, Gonzalo.