Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Paddles

Subject: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Paddles
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:11:31 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Andrew!

> IMHO, the only way to reasonably do an Atari 2600 port ot the GBA is to
> employ bilinear filtering to merge scanlines.  As to if this is practical
> given the GBA processing power, that is another question.   I do not feel
> that dropping every nth line, or having a scrollable view is terribly
> practical.

As I said before, recreating every game from scratch would probably bring the
best results. And it'd probably be faster to. And way more fun to program :-)

Why doing an emulator at all, when it requires to be optimised for every single game
in speed, display & controls anyway?

And didn't you say the GBA's processor was similar to the VCS'one? So way
at all cost emulate an environment, when porting might be easy?

Greetings,
     Manuel

-