Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Paddles

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Paddles
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:26:39 -0400

As I said before, recreating every game from scratch would probably bring the
best results. And it'd probably be faster to. And way more fun to program :-)

Here's a pretty neat post from way back when explaining how the Activision programmer made the original Action Pack emulator. Apparently Activision found it easier to write an emu than to rewrite from scratch, fwiw.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/2600emu/tech_faq.html

Deals with such interesting topics as:
WHY DOES A 1MHz 6502-BASED VCS EMULATOR NEED A 486/33 MINIMUM SYSTEM?
WHAT IS THE IDEAL SYSTEM FOR ACTION PACK?
DOES THE EMULATOR REALLY USE 4 MEG?

Brings back memories of hacking bins into the Action Pack emu on my Mac. Ah. The good ole days when every game had "Plaque Attack" at the top of the window.

Ruffin Bailey

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/