Re: [stella] Some Questions That Bug Me

Subject: Re: [stella] Some Questions That Bug Me
From: Chad Schell <gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:34:32 -0700
Wouldn't that depend a lot on the optics / electronics of the video cameras? If the cameras output a resolution higher than you capture than you're losing information.

It also depends on what you're looking at with the microscope. Is it small enough that the loss of resolution would make any difference in what you ultimately want to do with the images?

Chad

At 11:39 PM 6/23/2001, you wrote:
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I would say that the maximum usable number of scanlines is 482, i.e. 241
> noninterlaced, again, with much of the picture going into overscan.

Sorry for asking an off-topic question, but I'm hooking up video capture to
some microscopes that have video cameras on them, and I'm wondering what
resolution to capture at.  I can capture at 30 fps, but should I use 352x240
or 704x480?  Am I losing any real information if I use the lower resolution?

John

-

-