Re: [stella] Timing blues...

Subject: Re: [stella] Timing blues...
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:07:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> Maybe if Chris ever finds the time to analyze the PAL VCS I sent him, we
> might know for sure. ;-)

Heh.  You know...one of these days, I'm going to surprise everyone here by
posting complete board and chip schematics for a PAL 2600 JR.  Someday.
But I have too many "manageable" projects to do at this point.  :P

It's true that NTSC decks only have one clock circuit.  Why would you need
2 for PAL?  But I remember seeing the 2 generators when I opened up the deck
you sent me, and at the time I think I suspected that one was for "normal"
PAL, and one was for 4.43 NTSC.  But it didn't make sense that they'd install
the components for both circuits.  I don't remember...maybe I'll take another
look before CGE.

-Chris

-