Re: [stella] SCSIcide 1.2: Sound and updated graphics

Subject: Re: [stella] SCSIcide 1.2: Sound and updated graphics
From: Erik Mooney <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:59:30 -0400
>I don't know about Z26, but StellaX requires a modification to its profile
>(.PRO) to let it know that SCSIcide requires a paddle.. You can grab the
>latest .PRO from the StellaX website (link off of my site, I don't have the
>URL handy) and insert the following:
>
>"Cartridge.Filename" "scsi120.bin"
>"Cartridge.Name" "SCSIcide"
>"Cartridge.Manufacturer" "Joe Grand"
>"Cartridge.Rarity" "New Release"
>"Controller.Left" "Paddles"
>"Controller.Right" "Paddles"
>""

I had just been creating my own .PRO and was missing the
"Cartridge.Filename" part -- I thought the filename was an entry on its
own.  Worked now, thanks.

I haven't been keeping up with this game (obviously, heh), so it's
probably a bit late for first impressions.  It's a neat little game,
although it does get real fast real quick.  If you could make the speed
jump between stages 2 and 3 a little more gradual, I'd like it better.
Don't see any obvious bugs.

Also, the colors get to be hard to distinguish at high speeds even on this
computer monitor.  I don't have a 2600 set up on a TV right now to try it
there, but seems that it'd be really hard to distinguish there... Not sure
what you can do about it though.

-