Re: [stella] [Poll] What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [Poll] What is everybody working on?
From: Hans Zetterstrom <hanz@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 07:56:19 -0500
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:49:05AM -0400,
Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx> is thought to have said:

~~~ I thought you would.  :)
~~~
~~~ Man.  If I could just get that movable sprite demo (hint, hint) I'd teach
~~~ a 2600 programming class here in the spring.  I'm sure we'd get a few more
~~~ programmers out of that.  The simple fact is, I know how to build hardware,
~~~ but I just don't program.  It would take me forever to read through the
~~~ archives, decipher all the posts and get something running.  :(  But given
~~~ a demo, I can hack it for all it's worth.  I took Nick's How to Draw a
~~~ Playfield and got "this close" to having something that would pass for
~~~ interlaced video.  Yes, I really, really think it can be done!
~~~
~~~ -Chris

I was just thinking that this morning...wouldn't it be great (hint,hint)
if someone could put together a little "o.k slow-wit, here's how to..."
doc. Like..."how to draw a man on the screen" then "here's how to
move him from one side to the other" and finally "how to get him to
move under control of a joystick"....that'd really get us slower memebers
of the clan  started :)
uhmmm.... Any chance someone could help us newer folks out and perhaps
create a new league of 2600 programmers?

-Hans

-