Re: [stella] Teleterm 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Teleterm 2600
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 20:25:02 -0500
The biggest problem I had with faster than a 300 baud transmission rate was
that some of the checking had to be done during the kernal.  For 300 baud,
"receive" code had to sample data every 17 or 18 frames (or was it 16 or
17, I forget), and "transmit" code had to occur about every 50 frames.
With the 16 scanline receiving code in place, it ate up certain scanlines
due to a loss of cycles, which are very important during the kernal.  If I
did 600 baud, things would be much worse!  I can't imagine what sort of
kernal would be possible with 38.4K :)

-John

-