[stella] TomInv testing with Supercharger reveals anomaly

Subject: [stella] TomInv testing with Supercharger reveals anomaly
From: inkling <ps_inkling@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:21:34 -0500
>> Any progress yet on the Holy Grail (Space Invaders) side?

TJ> I was playing with a kernel, but it's not finished yet.
TJ> Anyway I attached the Bin (No, I won't post the code,
TJ> it's tooo bad:).

I loaded this .bin on a Supercharger plugged into a 7800, and noticed
something unusual about the invader's movements.

When they start on the far left, they all line up correctly.  On the
next movement, the second invader (from the left) stays in the same
position, but one 'pixel' to the left of their correct fourth
position.  In the fourth position, the second and third invaders move
into the desired position.

On z26, the invaders do not display this pattern.  On the
Supercharger, it does.  Is it a difference between the 2600 and 7800,
or does it occur on the 2600 as well?

Frame 1:
XX  XX  XX  XX

Frame 2:
 XX    XXXX  XX

Frame 3:
  XX   XX XX  XX

Frame 4:
   XX  XX  XX  XX

I should make a more scientific investigation of the phenomena, but I
want to be sure it's not something in the code first :)