Re: [stella] 7800 development - one hangup..help?

Subject: Re: [stella] 7800 development - one hangup..help?
From: "Frank Palazzolo" <palazzol@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 00:58:34 -0400
Sorry to follow up my own message, but I just realized what this means.  It
means for any given cart image, all 256 possible signatures will work.  We
can generate any of them.  That code in the Atari ST might just be a way of
making it seem randomized, or maybe they picked out one special.  At any
rate, it won't stop my code from generating working ones.

Hey, maybe that's why the comment in the 7800 BIOS calls that zeroed byte
RANDOM.  I wondered why you would call a fixed offset RANDOM :)

-Frank

-