[stella] Re: 2600's TIA

Subject: [stella] Re: 2600's TIA
From: Kevin Horton <khorton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:11:08 -0500
Well, looks like I got a copy of the TIA prints coming next week. Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me about contacting Curt!

BTW, would anyone be interested in a web page about how the TIA works at a fairly fine detail level, or would this be redundant? Also, I'm going to attempt to re-create the TIA using some programmable logic, with some "options" like getting rid of those nasty lines on the left side of the screen, as well as other things such as true RGB outputs instead of the bastard child video circuit the TIA uses :-)

And, I may be able to scan in the drawings as well, but they are going to be HUGE, no doubt about it. They are on 5 D sized (24*64 inches, 70*162.5cm) sheets. There is the chance that it would be too much work, or it may take a long time before anything's done with them.

I'm just hoping that I will be able to pick out gates and flipflops, and if so it shouldn't be *too* tough to figure out.

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/