Aw: Re: [stella] Death Derby

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] Death Derby
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:54:26 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Thomas!

> Glenn wrote::
> > Here is a mockup screenshot I did:
> > http://www.gamedevelopers.net/deathderby/images/screen1_color2.gif

> I'm starting to wonder, if I'm the only one around, who doesn't like the
> basic idea of the game?

Oh... I think that discussion was already done some
25 years ago...

I think it isn't all that bad. I always enjoyed
killing cops & pedestrians in 'Grand Theft Auto'
with a car and yet never felt my driving attitude
change in real life :-)

> A little bit of abstraction woudn't hurt the gameplay at all...

On the VCS it should automatically be abstract enough.

Peoples opinions might differ here.

As an example: You recently released the
source for 'River Raid'.

Actually River Raid is still (in 2001!) on the
banned list for children under 18 in Germany...

I think there's some lines one shouldn't cross,
for example it was clear from the beginning
that I wouldn't include indians to shoot at in
Gunfight and I think that this 'Custers...'
game is one of the sickest software ever written,
but yet I can think of the idea of Death Race
as 'Being Fun'.

One probably could have lawnmovers chasing worms
or something like that, but it wouldn't be
Death Race then...

Greetings,
     Manuel

Knaller, Schnäppchen & Specials finden Sie beim Nexgo-Shopping!
http://www.nexgo.de/c/pub/redir.php/shop1

-