[stella] Cart card edge connector

Subject: [stella] Cart card edge connector
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 20:18:30 -0400 (EDT)
I've got a combat cart I've pulled apart, and I'm looking at the card edge
connector.. also looking at the card edge pinout from the 2600 FAQ (which I
got somewhere on atarihq.org)... The FAQ says:

(Looking at the bottom of the cartridge -- i.e. edge connectors first)

Top
D3   D4   D5   D6   D7   A12  A10  A11  A9   A8  +5V   SGND
--1- --2- --3- --4- --5- --6- --7- --8- --9- -10- -11- -12-
GND  D2   D1   D0   A0   A1   A2   A3   A4   A5   A6   A7

When I took the cart apart, the chip side of the board was facing up, so
looking at the card edge with the chip side up, and looking at the pinout
for the ROM chip (from, um, Kevin Horton's web site, I think?), I see that
the chip's A11 line is wired to the card edge's A12 line, and the card edge's
A11 line doesn't even have a pin... what gives?

In fact, A0 thru A12 are present on the card edge connector... but this
would allow for 8K carts, without bank switching. So is the FAQ wrong?

I'm sure this has been discussed before on this list, I'm just trying to get
clarification.. I *need* to understand this fully, before I break out the
soldering iron.

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-