Re: [stella] Cart card edge connector

Subject: Re: [stella] Cart card edge connector
From: Kevin Horton <khorton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 20:02:05 -0500
At 20:53 9/3/01 -0400, you wrote:
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Kevin Horton wrote:

Too bad the TIA, PIA, etc. decode as much address space as they do. If there
weren't `mirrors' of them all over the first 4k, it could have been possible to
have 6k or 7k carts, maybe. Too late to change that design decision now I
guess :)

Now, if only I could get my EPROMs to erase, I'd be ready to start

Buy a commercial EPROM eraser. Just don't get the one that has a piece of IC tube glued to a plastic box with a UV clothesdryer bulb and large ballast cap. Get one with a real germicidal fluorescent-style bulb. Do not attempt to make your own (too expensive, dangerous due to the UV which will cook your eyeballs and skin in short order). Also, there is no substitute for an eraser. You cannot use sunlight or normal fluorescent or tanning lamps.

soldering..
well, assuming I only wanted to use 2k of address space, since the missing pin
on the combat cart means I don't get to use 4k...

*sigh* I get to decide which of my priceless collection will be the next
sacrificial victim. Maybe Pac-man, the Atari version sucks, and it's actually
4k, from looking at my rom dump of it (vector at $FFFC points to $F000)

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-

-