Re: [stella] Questions..

Subject: Re: [stella] Questions..
From: Mark De Smet <de-smet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:53:48 -0500 (CDT)
> Now onto the Atari questions... first, I got both books Machine Language
> For Beginners and The Second Book Of Machine Language by Richard Mansfield.
> I have the first book about half scanned into my machine.. how do I import
> them into Adobe Acrobat or should I be scanning through Acrobat?! I have
> never made a PDF before.

I don't know the full answer to your question, but I can add a bit of
info.  First, you need the correct version of adobe software.  The
standard acrobat reader can only read files, not create.  This is how
adobe makes it's money: read free, creator very expensive.  I don't have
access to the full acrobat creator(I don't recall it's name), but I do
have access to adobe distillor, which can create pdf's from postscript
files.  If you can get it to postscript, I can convert for you.(BTW, you
can create postscript by setting up a postscript printer on your computer,
and printing in it's format, and printing to file.)

Mark

If someone knows that distillor can do more, please let me know, I only
have used it on command line(unix) to create pdf from postscript.

-