RE: [stella] Tentative plans for 2nd Edition Stella Guide

Subject: RE: [stella] Tentative plans for 2nd Edition Stella Guide
From: Nicolás Olhaberry <nolh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 16:13:51 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: Maximiliam Luppe <maxluppe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 11:06 AM

> I'm using Stella Version 0.7a, Built on Jul 30 1997, for Windows and I
have
> noticed that many demos didn't work. When I load the demos I got only a
> black screen with a noise. Does anyone can help me. Thanks.
>
> Maximiliam

    Maybe it´s time to switch to another emulator (like PCAE or Z26). I´m
not sure which demos you are refering to, since I don´t have the Stella emu,
but i´ve noticed that many of the lastest demos don´t use VBLANK to
construct a frame (like marquee, elektro4, odometer). Maybe Stella is
expecting it.

    From what I´ve read on this list the use of VBLANK is not neccesary.
Anyway, has any of these demos been tested on a real 2600?

Bye,

    Nicolás.

-