Re: [stella] preliminary `how to use DASM' doc

Subject: Re: [stella] preliminary `how to use DASM' doc
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:12:59 +0200
B. Watson wrote::
> Give it a read, point out any mistakes you see, suggest improvements, etc.

Some to me important things I'm missing:

- the switches -v and -l, which I found very useful while developing (-s sometimes maybe useful too)
- ALIGN for aligning
- SUBROUTINE, which allows local labelnames (very useful when your project is growing and you don't want to number labelnames).
- IF, ELSE, ENDIF, which allow conditional compilation (i.E. see my River Raid or Starmaster disassemblies)
- MACRO and ENDM, useful i.E. for defining serveral times used debug-code in combination with IF, ENDIF or to define unsupported illegal opcodes
- explain some more important operators: |, ^, ~ and that one should use [ ] instead of ( ) to group expressions

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Flug.de - Beste Verbindungen in alle Welt
http://flug.de/sb/?PP=0-5-100-105-15

-