Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie

Subject: Re: [stella] Player data loading...semi newbie
From: Ben Larson <wazzapfool@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
> If you have only one frame of animation, like the
> Missile Command
> cursor or most Defender objects, it doesn't even
> need to be Indirect Y -
> you can use direct Indexed Y.

I was going to do that originally, but I only have
like 12 cycles left to display 2 player objects.  So,
the only method I can think of is the 'foosball man'
method. :)  The actual player will only appear within
the top 160 lines, though, but that's still 320 wasted
bytes in ROM...

The reason I have so few cycles is because, not only
is it an asymmetrical PF, but the left and right PF0s
are packed into the same byte, so that takes up 8
cycles more (minimum) doing the ASLs...:(  I could've
*not* packed it, but that would've been 120 bytes of
RAM instead of 100.