Re: [stella] Polar to Cartesian Co-Ordinate Converter

Subject: Re: [stella] Polar to Cartesian Co-Ordinate Converter
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:14:53 -0700
> It's totally awesome!

Aw, shucks :-)

> Wouldn't you like to team-up and do all the 3D-Math stuff
> for my Star Fire project next year?
> (I'll probably have to take your code as a base anyway :-))

I was planning to do a 3-D demo.  The next step will be the
Cartesian to Polar converter, then an overhead view 2D
persistent landscape with full rotation (think overhead view
of Battlezone), then a 3-D first person maneuvering demo.

I'm not much of a game writer and my plan was to make
these routines available to the Stella community.  After much
searching in the archives I realized this was something which
was possible but had not been done.

If you need help converting anything I've written for a
project of your own, by all means ask.  That was the idea.

--Roger Williams

-