[stella] Gyruss and Polar co-ords

Subject: [stella] Gyruss and Polar co-ords
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:02:07 -0700
> Ummm... Gyruss?

OK I've looked at it, and I've examined the .bin (though
diStella won't have anything to do with it, since it's an
8K program).  There are tables neither of squares nor
of logs to be found, but there are lots and lots and lots
of what look like 2-element co-ord tables the 2nd 4K
bank.  The motion is also very coarse over a very
limited low-rez x-y coordinate system.  I think they
faked it by having tables of dx and dy for every
possible theta, which is a fine technique if you have
the ROM for it and even faster than what I did.

They may have also had a table of positions for the
shooter's ship because its motion is much smoother
than that of the missiles and enemies.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to it.

--Roger Williams