POLL...was ( [stella] Programming Contest?)

Subject: POLL...was ( [stella] Programming Contest?)
From: "Christopher Rydberg" <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:16:46 +0000
Hey all,

I'd love to see a semi-regular programming contest and was trying to come up with a way to do it myself, but I'm just too busy to put another project on the "to do" list. If it's just a matter of prize money or something like that I'll personally put up the money to see it happen. I'll also happily maintain a contest page on the Afterlife website with links to everyone's pages and current screenshots/builds. How many willing participants are there out there? I'd like to get an idea of how many contestants there might be if we actually tried to put one together. I guess I should make this a clear poll for everyone, huh? Here are my questions:

How many participants would there be if we were to run a contest?
(Sound off like you've got a pair!)

What should the prize be?
(Please don't ask for some unattainable holy grail collector's item.)

When should the deadline be if the contest were to start right now?

and

Should we put down some sort of requirements of the games/programs or should it be completely up to the programmers?

Please fire off your opinions so we can, as my school conselor used to say "talk it out". Later all.

Christopher Rydberg solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx afterlife.0catch.com