[stella] braves4515@aol.com

Subject: [stella] braves4515@aol.com
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:58:08 -0800
I took this person off Stellalist.

I have nothing against him personally. I don't know if English is his 2nd language or what his problem is, but it seemed like he was just not going to fit in here. From the context of his messages it appeared as if he had little if any aptitude for programming. It seemed like he wanted to be coached on the most basic concepts of programming in general, let alone assembly or the VCS hardware. I wonder what his age was. He wrote like he was 8 years old or something.

I'll probably get my share of abuse over this decision, probably over on AtariAge where I think he's a member, but sometimes a list-mainter has to make some tough decisions. I don't want to discourage beginners. (I'm certainly an assembler newbie with plenty to learn myself.) I just had a feeling that this guy was going to spend all his time asking to be led by the hand through every line of his code (none of which being for the VCS or even in assembly, btw) and never actually be able to _learn_ anything for himself.

By Day - Web Developer - http://www.eUniverse.com